Beef Bulgogi Burrito- Korean Mexican Fusion at Cha Cha Chili

A true hole in the wall restaurant, Cha Cha Chili sits across the railroad tracks on the side of the road, inconspicuous to those driving past it. Although I live within a few minutes of Cha Cha Chili and  drive past it every day on my way to work, I never gave it a second thought. It was just within the year that I decided to check it out. What I found was a revelation. I arrived smelling the drafts of smoky, charred barbecue wafting through the cool breeze on a hot summer's day.


Their beef bulgogi burrito perfectly marries the Korean and Mexican flavors Cha Cha Chili is known for. The warm tortilla wraps the tender, slowly marinated beef, hot sticky rice, and a slaw of lettuce and cabbage. It arrives to you in a red and white checkered basket; but be sure to ask for their spicy green salsa which will be given to you on the side. This added note creates the perfect reinvented burrito, one that is salty, sweet and spicy. Eating this burrito reminds us why we love L.A., a city of blended cultures and traditions. 

ADDRESS
4625 Valley Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90032.

PRICES
All entrees under $10.

DETAILS
Sunday-Monday from 11:00-8:00. Tuesday-Wednesday 11:00-9:00. Thursday 11:00-9:30. Friday 11:00-10:00.

RECOMMENDED DISHES
Beef bulgogi burrito; Korean sliders; chimichanga. 


Eating My Way Around L.A.

Comments